Friday, September 24, 2010

Reflections of Esther

Have you ever read the book of Esther? It never once mentions the name of God. Yet other than the obvious fact that it is in the Bible you can read between the lines and clearly see who is at the back of Esther and Mordecai guiding and blessing them. In the mutual love of Esther and her uncle and the courage she has to face the king in contrast with Haman the self loving cowering adviser. Esther's faith is great and though she has fear she also believes in the supreme control and arranging of her Heavenly Father which allows her to move on and let everything hang on God for the outcome.
I have nowhere near as much faith as Esther yet in my daily life I think she is my role model. I do not mention God at every turn but I think He is there in the background showing us Himself through each thing that happens. Many of you who read this blog see me talk about horses all the time or dogs or animals in general. I do write about this stuff because it is my passion. And something I can communicate about easily because of how I think about them and what role they play in my life.
In everything about animals I can see God. Man cannot claim to have a part in their actions or emotions the way they can with a robot or a building. They are to an extent unpredictable. Which makes for an incredible relationship when they pick a human to love and faithfully trust. God has blessed me with a horse that is beautiful and likes me better then anyone else. My horse's love is unconditional. And though he can't talk I never feel inferior with him. I am not judged by how good I am at math or what kind of job I want. He is a constant reminder of God and the only sustaining love to be had.
I believe God gave us reflections of aspects of Him in all His creation. And that when we see and recognize this we are reflecting God and are set apart from the world in that only we can rightly recognize the source. By grace God gives us beauty in the crime and corruption of His perfect creation. Like the bright colors in a puddle of oil, or the beautiful child born in awful circumstances, a spider web across a path, water splattered on sand, mud splashed from running through a puddle... I could go on forever.
God is great in His revealed and unrevealed love and anger, justice and mercy, and most importantly Grace.

1 comment:

  1. I am guessing this was written by Virginia Girl... whoever wrote it- this is an awesome post! Beautifully written, and so true! I have been thinking about Esther lately too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete