Friday, January 22, 2010

Wind and Rain?

I (Emily) am very sad that Mom and the girls have gone home now. It was a gray, rainy day which didn't help my mood this morning. I drove out to Steve's to spend a day at the horse lot with everybody which helped my day get better eventually. There was a very good fire going in the woodstove, which was wonderful.

We wormed horses and Steve trimmed some hooves. There is some horrible muck in some places, and which at one point I waded through to get to a particular group of horses. Nasty, nasty stuff. Steve and Co. thought it was pretty funny that I did that in my "church" boots (I wear my boots everywhere... They polish up nicely with Crisco, just ask Jemma).

At 6:30, we started the Parelli dvds. That was fun. It was so warm and cozy in the Little House that I started to fall asleep on the couch. After the tape was over, we stopped by the Carolton fire station to hear Steve's brother's bluegrass band play. They are very, very good. Steve's brother is a champion fiddle player and is fun to listen to. I forgot to call the Barr kid's momma to tell them we would be later than we had planned, and I felt bad after I remembered.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds so much fun. When I think of gray, rainy days, I want to be at the little house around the wood stove. The best place after that is sitting on a bale of hay listening to horses munch when it's not raining! Ok...I can't say that one's better because I like them both equally. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hay bale is an especially nice, warm, friendly seat when it is cold and windy.Ahhh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were there... I wish I were there... I wish I were there...

    Sigh!

    Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete