Friday, January 8, 2010

Blustery Day...

Today was cold. Super cold. I was cold all day, and I'm from Alaska! (this is Emily talking.) We did bits and bobs of chores in the morning like giving everybody that needed it hay, grain, and water and figuring out a system to unload and feed 1,000 lb. round bales without getting them covered in mud (we have a mud problem because of the crazy amounts of rain we've been getting).

After the chores were done, we saddled up and went for a ride to get our blood pumping. I rode Ice, Lydia rode a horse whose name I can't spell, K.C. rode Manteo, Carly rode Porter, and Steve rode Ta Sunka.

Lake-Erie-as-the-trail-goes-into-the-woods (that's what the locals call it anyway) was frozen with a good two inches of ice covering it. It broke up into ice floes when we rode over it.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, we just went skiing this week, but it wasn't even cold! figure that one out! It's California!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lydia and Emily!
    Yikes! Sounds cold! We went shooting at Paul's and had fun (brrr)..
    I set up my 100' foot round corral and it's looking good! We are going to practice Liberty, leads, and our Dressage... FUN FUN FUN! I want to do our audition in it too!

    I hope your doing fine!

    ReplyDelete